The ideal candidate is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining cutting edge API’s and Micro Services using either Java, Scala or both. Helping and evolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality.
- 3-5 years Engineering experience (with at least 2 years Back-End development lead experience with Java and Scala).
- Experience with building and designing Micro Services, Agile and the full development life cycle
- Experience with CI/CD and related tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Jira, Cucumber, Gerkin)
- Overseeing the software engineering capability ensuring improvements in quality, speed and frequency of delivery
- Lead improvement of functional capabilities - technical architects, Java
- Overseeing the quality and improvement of software delivery processes
- Leading the day to day use of agile/lean and devops practices
- Monitoring and reporting on key performance metrics and provide regular feedback
- Providing leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and establish objectives for career development.
- Driving continuous improvement work, streamline processes, eliminate waste and improve both quality and overall responsiveness.
- Working closely with the CTO and Development Manager on defining and maintaining the implementation roadmap, technology selection, architecture and design principles.
- Software engineering: A strong technologist with a software engineering background - you must have had hands-on experience in developing and delivering enterprise level software
Technology stack Technologies
- Java SE
- Macro Services
- Systems & tools
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to degree standard ideally in computer sciences or similar appropriate education/experience
Passion for service excellence and improving quality, with strong business acumen
- Ability to self-manage
- Approachable, with effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and navigating complex situations
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Courageous, with the ability to push the boundaries, recognizing the diversity of the organization’s requirements
- High levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense
- Cultural sensitivity and a confident self-starter
- Resilient and results orientated
- Able to travel internationally as required
- Able to work both independently and in a team. You have a professional image and are used to representing your company communicating with or visiting customers
- You are fluent in English, which is used for both internal communication and external communications within the Asset Control global organization
- Fluency in a second language would be preferred but is not essential
- You are eager to learn, you have an analytical mind and have a go-get attitude. Client service is our absolute focus and a pro-active, customer oriented way of thinking is vital
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with the business and externally
Asset Control Values
- Communication - communicate actively with your colleagues; be open-minded and transparent
- Accountability – take responsibility and ensure something is done properly
- Empowerment – feel empowered to help the company to move faster and to innovate
- Respect - treat colleagues as you expected others to treat you
- Client Focus – put the client ahead of everything you do
To apply, please fill in the form below.