Asset Control has a very strong reputation within financial data management and supports a global client base of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Pre-Sales Consultant, you are responsible to engaging clients, delivering presentations and demos, answering technical questions and responding to RFIs (Requests for Information) and RFPs (Requests for Proposal). You will be instrumental in taking feedback from clients to the development organization as part of the Product Management process, located around the world.
- Present the project methodology to prospects during the software sales cycle
- Serve as a financial markets expert and Asset Control product expert, taking a leading role in supporting the global sales organization
- Serve as a technical point of contact for clients and prospects
- Deliver presentations, demos and workshops to prospects of Asset Control solutions
- Coordinate the sales support efforts with those of the local marketing representative
- Be a liaison for the sales executives with all other departments
- Cooperate with Product Management to ensure client involvement in product design
- Knowledge of database concepts
- Working knowledge with Linux/Solaris (AC Plus)
- Experience with some scripting languages is preferred (e.g. FE, Shell, VBA)
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Financial industry knowledge
- Knowledge of front office processes (portfolio management, order management, compliance), middle office processes (risk management, reporting, performance measurement) and back office processes (accounting, settlement)
- Knowledge of the business drivers and purposes of data management
- Knowledge of roles and players in the market
- Knowledge of complex financial instruments, corporate actions
- Financial data and process knowledge
- Knowledge of data management and financial data models
- Experience with data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, Markit, etc.)
- Knowledge of data types (security master, price data, corporate actions, derived data, etc.)
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to degree standard ideally in computer sciences, finance or sciences, or similar appropriate education/experience
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality, with strong business acumen
- Ability to self-manage
- Approachable, with effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and navigating complex situations
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Courageous, with the ability to push the boundaries, recognizing the diversity of the organization’s requirements
- High levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense
- Cultural sensitivity and a confident self-starter
- Resilient and results orientated
- Able to travel internationally as required
- Able to work both independently and in a team. You have a professional image and are used to representing your company communicating with or visiting customers.
- You are fluent in English, which is used for both internal communication and external communications within the Asset Control global organization.
- Fluency in a second language would be preferred but is not essential.
- You are eager to learn, you have an analytical mind and have a go-get attitude. Client service is our absolute focus and a pro-active, customer-oriented way of thinking is vital.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with the business and externally
Asset Control Values
Communication - communicate actively with your colleagues; be open-minded and transparent
Accountability - take responsibility and ensure something is done properly
Empowerment - feel empowered to help the company to move faster and to innovate
Respect - treat colleagues as you expected others to treat you
Client Focus - put the client ahead of everything you
To apply, please fill in the form below.