FRTB and the changing face of market data and risk computations
- FRTB poses significant challenges and a high cost for banks to implement if they use traditional approaches to on-prem market data infrastructure and risk calculations
- FRTB’s calculation and data intensity demands put strain on existing data and risk infrastructure
- Technological advances mean the traditional border between Basel’s Standardized Approach (“SA”) and Internal Model Approach (“IMA”) banks will blur – putting IMA capabilities within reach of smaller banks
- Vector Risk and Asset Control provide best of breed, cloud-based risk calculation and market data integration solutions that; reduce the onboarding time and allow faster and cheaper processing for FRTB IMA calculations and data requirements.
- Using cloud-based technology to futureproof market risk infrastructure reduces the cost of (inevitable) future change with a predictable cost base