Senior Software Engineer (Cloud/DevOps)
|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer (Cloud/DevOps)||Reporting:||Professional Service|
|Location:||London, UK||FTE:||Full Time|
We’re currently searching for a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer to be part of our new engineering team. You will report into the Lead Engineer of the team and will be tasked with designing, building, and maintaining cutting edge infrastructure and architectural designs of our cloud-based software product running on AWS.
- Responsible for make decisions on problem resolutions in critical client down time situations and leverage scripting to build required automation and tools.
- Help the development team to leverage infrastructure, application and cloud platform features and functionality and participate in design reviews.
- You are a self-reliant but proactive individual contributor capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. You need to get familiar with our domain and product in detail.
- As a key member of our Engineering team, you must have 3-5 years Cloud Operations experience (with at least 2 years operational experience with AWS).
- Experience with building and designing always-available cloud-based software products, Agile and the full development life cycle.
- Experience with CI/CD and related tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Jira, Selenium, Cucumber, Gerkin).
- Able to contribute to cross-functional planning and project meetings.
- Experience with REACT desirable.
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to degree standard in computer science (e.g. BSc, MSc) or similar appropriate
- Passion for service excellence and improving quality, with strong business acumen
- Ability to self-manage
- Approachable, with effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and navigating complex situations
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Courageous, with the ability to push the boundaries, recognizing the diversity of the organization’s requirements
- High levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense
- Cultural sensitivity and a confident self-starter
- Resilient and results orientated
- Able to travel internationally as required
- Able to work both independently and in a team. You have a professional image, and are used to representing your company communicating with or visiting customers
- You are fluent in English, which is used for both internal communication and external communications within the Asset Control global organization
- Fluency in a second language, would be preferred, but is not essential
- You are eager to learn, you have an analytical mind and have a go-get attitude. Client service is our absolute focus and a pro-active, customer oriented way of thinking is vital
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with the business and externally
Asset Control Values
Communication – communicate actively with your colleagues; be open -minded and transparent
Accountability – take responsibility and ensure something is done properly
Empowerment – feel empowered to help the company to move faster and to innovate
Respect – treat colleagues as you expected others to treat you
Client Focus – put the client ahead of everything you do